How to make original Korean Japchae
Are you finding the most orginial recipe for Korean Japchae? You’re on the right place!
Japchae means sweet potato starch noddles stir fried with vegetables, and it is originally from Korea. If you are vegan, just go without meat. For me, I will add some stir beef into my bowl. Remember when you’re looking to buy the glass noodles, make sure it’s a right one (otherwise it’s not Japchae). This tasty dish is best served for a group of friends because it contains lots of ingredients.
Ingredients: for 3 to 4 people
- 300 gr beef
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 1 or 2 scallions
- 1/2 onion
- 1 egg
- 150gr spinach leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sweet potato starch noodles (based on you)
- Slice beef, carrots, onion, garlic
- Chop mushrooms, scallion
- Marinating beef with 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic), then put in the fridge.
- Put the egg into a small bowl, mix with a bit salt then fry. After frying it, cut it sliced.
- Boil spinach leaves, then pour slightly into cold water, then slice.
- Boil noodles.
- Stir onion, and scallion until it’s soft then put out in a dish.
- Stir carrot. When it becomes softer, put mushrooms to stir together. Then put out in the same dish above.
- Put a bit oil into the pan, garlic first until it’s getting yellow, then put beef to stir. Don’t stir too long otherwise the beef can get really chewy. After that, put out in the same dish above.
- With the same pan, stir noodles with 4 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp seasame oil, 2 tsp sugar, 1/3 tsp salt. Stir carefully.
- Then put all the ingredients into the pan, stir altogether.
This can sound complicated, but trust me, it’s the easiest one. You just stir eveything then mix it together. Enjoy <3 You can add on fried onion and siracha to make the flavor even better!
For a Vietnamese version, check it ou at: https://www.facebook.com/cheffie.mayy/photos/a.223113961629487/236709350269948/?type=3&theater